The resonator is finished:
It looks a bit messy, but it is because I got flux on my gloves and the outside oxidized a bit.
Here is a shot of the interior before I sealed it up:
I will be up at the university today (Thursday) to try out the barbed nozzles with the circulator and start getting everything setup. I will have to bring some type of shelving in order to mount the magnetron/circulator/waveguide-to-N near the roof of the faraday cage.
Update on work:
- Purchase 2m of LMR-400 cable
- Make the cavity and solder the seams
- Make the probe mount and solder it to the cavity (I ended up using a copper block, the aluminum one would not braze)
- Make the launcher for the magnetron probe and solder the seams.
- Get proper barbed nozzles for the circulator for water cooling (got another set to try that are smaller and should fit this time) – test them.
- Assemble the magnetron/circulator/waveguide-to-n assembly and mount a shelf for it.
- Setup the water pump and radiator for the circulator.